|IMMEDIATE NOTICE: The Treasurer's Office will continue to have staff available to conduct daily business; however, for the safety of our staff and the public, FACE TO FACE COUNTER SERVICE IS SUSPENDED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.|
We are able to receipt tax payments in a timely manner through a variety of ways.
1. You can pay your taxes online via Echeck (you just need to provide your checking routing & account number), via debit card ($3.50 convenience fee) or credit card (2.2% convenience fee on the amount you're paying.)
Click on Search Property Tax Records (on the left). For step by step instructions, please click HERE.
Fees for Online Payments
2. You can call 832-5065 to verify pay off amounts and we can process a payment over the phone.
3. You can mail your payment to County Treasurer, 320 S. Walnut Street, Appleton WI 54911. We receipt payments by the post mark date on your mailing envelope. If you'd like a receipt, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
4. You can deposit your payment into the secure deposit box that is located at the public entrance at 320 S. Walnut Street. This entrance is located on the north side of the new building. All payments deposited here will have a receipt mailed.
5. If you are accustomed to paying in person, with cash, please retrieve a money order or a cashier’s check in lieu of cash and mail or deposit as instructed above.
Welcome to the Outagamie County Treasurer Webpage
You will find tools to assist you with several different property tax inquiries, information regarding property assessment, links to different Department of Revenue resources and much more. Simply use the navigation menu on the left to find what you are looking for. If you can't find what you need give us a call @ 920-832-5065 and we'll be happy to assist you.
|OFFICE HOURS:||OFFICE LOCATION:|
|Monday - Friday ***PLEASE NOTE: NO||Outagamie County Treasurer's Office|
|8:00 AM - 4:30 PM PUBLIC ACCESS UNTIL||320 South Walnut Street|
|FURTHER NOTICE***||Appleton, WI 54911|
|WE ARE CLOSED THE FOLLOWING DAYS:|
|January 1st April 10th May 25th||PHONE:|
|July 3rd Sept 7th Nov 26th/27th||920-832-5065|
|Dec 24th/25th Dec 31st|
Responsibilities of Outagamie County Treasurer
Receipts and disburses all County funds, records all transactions and applies to corresponding budgetary accounts
Executes responsible investments of County funds.
Provides banking services and maintains bank accounts while accepting funds from all departments within the County and from the public.
Completes daily bank balancing and monthly reconciliation of accounts to confirm the accuracy of consolidated accounting procedures in partnership with the Finance Department.
Administers all property tax laws and trains municipal treasurers.
After receipt of the municipal, vocational and school tax levies and associated credits, the Treasurer calculates the tax bills for approximately 90,000 parcels.
Receipts all County delinquent and postponed real estate taxes.
Settles tax rolls with Townships, Villages, Cities, Vocation and School Districts.
Administers the lottery and gaming credit and unclaimed funds programs.
Collaborates with delinquent tax payers to engage in payment plans to satisfy the tax delinquencies.
Promotes and markets County and Regional financial assistance programs to tax payers that may benefit from financial education and support.
Governs the In Rem process and foreclosure action to obtain ownership of severely tax delinquent properties on behalf of the County.
Reports to the County Finance Committee and County Board.
Responds to numerous questions & inquiries related to real estate taxes.
*Please note that our process for making a payment has changed. You will now have to direct to our Ascent Land Records to find your parcel and select "Pay taxes" under the total payoff in your parcel's page. Please review the instructions on how to navigate the new payment method.
Like us on Facebook to receive helpful tips and valuable information from our Department!