The Friends of Plamann Park (FPP) is a non-profit community organization created to preserve and protect Plamann Park’s natural environments and woodland trails and to act as a bridge between the park’s management and the park’s frequent users. The Friends of Plamann Park believe that the many patrons of the park should try to “give back” to the park through volunteering and community outreach to support FPP projects in order to keep Plamann Park in the best condition possible for the enjoyment of all of its users for years to come.
Friends of Plamann Park will work co-operatively with Outagamie County and other community organizations to foster continued use of the park as intended at its founding in 1958.
Our goals include:
- Help maintain Plamann Park to allowed continued use of the trails, natural park areas, and other
recreational areas and equipment of the park.
- Enhance the natural beauty of the park by fostering the replacement and growth of native
- Preserve Plamann Park as a natural woodland area as the suburban community grows around
- Promote Plamann Park as a vital community asset.
- Have a voice in limiting development and activities that may negatively impact Plamann Park’s
- Limit the spread of invasive plants and minimize damage caused by the over population of
- Provide assistance with severe storm damage to the park if needed.
- Engage in fund raising activities to support our objectives and activities approved by our
governing board and the OC Parks director.
- Promote individual responsibility throughout the park.
We welcome all interested volunteers – or, if you need more information: Contact Us
Tax-deductible donations & contributions are always welcome at:
Friends of Plamann Park
c/o Outagamie County Park
1375 E Broadway Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
Top of Page