For COVID-19 information, click HERE.

For Outagamie County COVID-19 Daily Updates, click HERE.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

WIC Program COVID-19 Update

WIC services will continue. A new process is being used to enroll new families and recertify current participants. Please be patient.Our focus is to provide families with WIC benefits.

If you have a scheduled WIC Certification Appointment please send the following by email to

  • Consent to email form 
  • Access determination letter (if you have it)
  • Proof of income for entire household for last 30 days
  • Proof of address (a piece of mail with current name and address)
  • Proof of identity (WIC card if you were previously enrolled, ID with name and date of birth, or footprints from hospital / crib card
  • Optional: any height, weight, or blood work from recent doctor appointment
  • Read WIC Rights and ResponsibilitiesDerechos y deberes de WIC (Spanish Rights and responsibilities)

Nutrition Education

  • Nutrition education can be completed by phone or online.
  • If you have an account at, you can complete nutrition education requirements. You will  need your family ID number (located on the printed shopping list) to create an account. Call (920) 832-5109 or email the WIC office if you need it.  

Changes due to COVID-19 (Keeping your benefits)

  • 6 month mid certification appointments will be nutrition education appointments and done on the phone.  
  • Please call the office to report your child's birth and we will provide you instructions to complete certification and receive benefits.

WIC Staff and How to Contact Us

  • WIC staff are working from home. They are calling from cellphones and will leave you a call back number. Please contact them at that number.
  • Email is a great way to contact us right now Please include a phone number  and/or date of birth for us to contact you.
  • You can always call us at (920) 832-5109 to leave a message. We will return your call as soon as we can.

Temporary Approved Foods

WIC_logo_lockup_purple_cmyk-OutagamieCounty (2)


The Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC) provides food and nutrition information to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children under five years of age healthy and strong.  

What the WIC Program Provides

  • Education about nutrition.
  • Education and support for breastfeeding.
  • Healthy foods to supplement your diet.
  • Referrals to other services.

We can also give information about:Testimony

  • Breastfeeding and infant feeding
  • Car seats
  • Fetal and child growth and development
  • Depression and emotional health
  • Domestic violence
  • Exercise
  • Health insurance
  • Housing and home safety
  • How to stop smoking
  • Immunizations
  • Medical and dental resources
  • Planning your next pregnancy
  • Safe sleeping
  • Other community resources


Introduction to using WIC Benefits:

 1. Healthy Foods For Your Family

2. Your WIC Benefits

3. Checking Out Your Choices

4. Solutions to Shopping Problems


 Navigate to:



Interested in applying for WIC?


For information, or to apply for WIC, call (920)832-5109

Or, you can fill out the pre-qualification form and we will contact you to review your eligibility and schedule an appointment.

Please verify Income Guidelines or BadgerCare eligibility before applying

Apply Here!

Public Health Logo

 320 S. Walnut St.
Appleton, WI 54911
(920) 832-5109


The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.