What is Prenatal Care Coordination (PNCC)?
Prenatal care coordination is a FREE benefit through Wisconsin Medicaid (BadgerCare) that helps pregnant women get the support and services they need to have a healthy baby. Public Health Nurses can meet with you in the WIC office, at school or in your home. All information is kept confidential.
What questions can the nurse answer?
- What will labor and delivery be like?
- Should I breastfeed my baby?
- How do I apply for WIC?
- Are there any community services that can help me?
- Is my car seat installed correctly?
- Are vaccines safe?
- Where can I get help to quit smoking?
- And more...
What services are included?
- Assistance getting the health care you need
- Personal support
- Help to locate child care
- Healthy diet information
- Childbirth and breastfeeding support
- Assistance with transportation
- Information and help finding needed services in your community
- Information on health insurance during pregnancy
- Car seat information and inspection
- Information about how to quit smoking
- Reproductive education to promote healthy birth spacing
- Dealing with family or emotional problems
- Coping with alcohol or other drug abuse
- Dealing with other problems that are bothering you
How do I sign up?
Call Outagamie County Public Health Division at