To keep county highways safe and efficient, the county controls their use. This includes various work within highway right-of-ways, as well as restrictions on the placement of signs along highways.
Permits are required when performing work within the County Trunk Highway right-of-ways. County Trunk Highways are designated with a letter (example: CTH "A", CTH "AA", CTH "B", etc.)
Outagamie County is transitioning to an online permitting system. This is being used for all County departments, including Highway, Land Conservation, Planning and Zoning. the system will allow users to submit applications, pay online and be kept up to date on where the permit is in the process.
All permit applications will be submitted on line. All users will need to create an account before applying for a permit.
For access to the Cityview Portal, click below:
Additional information for each type of permit can be found at each link below:
- Includes all permitting of public or private utilities to be installed or relocated within the highway right of way
- Includes application to add a new access or move an existing access
- Includes items such as replacing or extending culverts under existing driveways, paving an existing driveway, ditching and grading in the right-of-way.
- Includes request to have a parade, run/walk/bike event, or other activity within the highway right-of-way
- For all oversized and overweight loads traveling County highways
- For IoH and AgCMV vehicles that require a permit to travel along County highways
State Highway Permit Information (Numbered Highways: 15, 41, 47, 76, 96, etc.)