Updated July 2020 - NEW: Detour Notice
In 2020, Outagamie County and the City of Kaukauna are partnering to make highway and trail improvements as a result of the growing residential developments. Improvements include:
- Extension of the CE Trail along the north side of CE from Q to Haas Rd
- Improved pavement from WIS 55 to Outagamie Rd
- Intersection turn lanes at Meadowview Street and at Haas Road
- Pedestrian crosswalks and median refuge areas at Meadowview Street and Haas Rd
- Curb & gutter will be added along the north and south sides of CTH CE from Meadowview to Haas Rd
The estimated project costs is $1.5 to $2 million.
CTH CE will be closed during construction and the detour will be CTH Z to CTH D.
Proposed Timeline: CTH CE from STH 55 to CTH Q - April to September 2020
County CE from STH 55 to CTH Q (Hillcrest Dr.) will be CLOSED to reclaim, reshape and repave. Minor roadway widening will be constructed just east of STH 55 to increase distance of the merge lane leaving the roundabout at STH 55.
Anticipated Closure Date: Monday, April 20, 2020
Anticipated Completion Date: September 2020
Detour: CTH CE to STH 55 to CTH Z to CTH Q to CTH CE
NEW: Detour Notice
Residents and local traffic may have to alter their route during this project.
Please be aware that all highway projects are weather dependent and changes could occur.
Proposed Timeline: CTH CE from CTH Q to Haas Road - June to September, 2020
Right of Way: Fee, Permanent Limited Easements and Temporary Limited Easements will need to be acquired to accommodate the trail and highway improvements.
Joe Zellmer, P.E.
Outagamie County Highway Engineer
1313 Holland Road
Appleton, WI 54911
John Sundelius, P.E.
City of Kaukauna
144 W Second St
Kaukauna WI 54130
- PIM 10 14 2019 Handout
- Right of Way Plat 03/10/2020
- Plans 2020-02-12
- Sales Study
- Plans 2020-3-18 CTH CE
- CA Update 2020 05 20
- CTH CE PLAN SET Part 1 - Plan
- CTH CE PLAN SET Part 2 - Cross Sections
- CTH CE PLAN SET Part 3 - Std Details
- CTH CE PLAN SET Part 4 - RW Plat
- CTH CE Traffic Control Map_Rev. 2020-07-13 (002)