Considerations for Employers
- All employers need to consider how best to decrease the spread of acute respiratory illness and lower the impact of COVID-19 in their workplace.
- Employers should prepare for increased numbers of absences.
- Employers should ensure that their sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance, and that employees are aware of these policies.
- If an employee is sick
- Sick employees should stay home
- Due to a shortage in testing supplies, not everyone with symptoms for COVID-19 will be tested.
- Employees should only come back to work when the meet ALL three (3) criteria:
- No fever for three (3) days
- At least three (3) days after symptoms improve
- Ten (10) days have passed since first symptoms
- See Diagnosed with COVID-19
An employee tested positive. What do I do now?
- Notify your local health department if not contacted already
- Review close contacts for 2 days prior to symptom onset to last date of contact
- Prepare line list of close contact name, address, phone and email if available.
- Extensive deep cleaning
Guidance on Reopening
The guidance we, Outagamie County Public Health Division, are providing is through the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). The guidance WEDC is providing and continues to develop is “With input from national and state health and industry experts and in partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and our regional economic development partners, WEDC has compiled a series of industry-specific documents to help you get back to business while taking the necessary precautions to maximize safety.”These industry-specific documents and more information are available by visiting: https://wedc.org/reopen-guidelines/
If there is a specific industry you have an interest in that is not represented on the WEDC site, the “General Guidelines” would apply until, and if, there is specific guidance developed. If looking for further guidance please contact WEDC.
- COVID-19: Resources to help manage stress for workers and employers, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
- Is Your Business Ready for Pandemic Flu? (PDF)
- Business Insights and Relief Resources
- Businesses and Workplaces: Plan, Prepare and Respond to COVID-19