Achieve Therapy provides services to residents at Brewster Village. Therapy is a critical component of the recovery process, especially for those individuals returning home. The therapy team at Brewster Village specializes in treating villagers recovering from recent hospitalizations due to complex medical or surgical needs. They complete timely and ongoing screenings, evaluations and treatments.
Our approach to rehabilitation features a cohesive interdisciplinary team including physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists working together with the nursing and restorative staff to assist villagers in reaching their maximum potential. Whether it be a villager striving to return home or one that accepts long term placement, Achieve Therapy provides restorative or maintenance programs to facilitate independence and quality of life.
Achieve offers the following services to Brewster Village residents:
• Physical, occupational and speech therapy
• Orthopedic injury care
• Total joint replacement or other post-operative joint surgery rehabilitation
• Lymphedema management (including manual manipulation of the lymphatic ducts, short stretch
• Compression bandaging, therapeutic exercise, and skin care)
• Falls and balance disorders
• Post stroke and other neurological disorder treatment
• Care for medically complex patients
• Compensatory cognitive retraining for individuals with Alzheimer's and dementia diagnoses
Brewster Village is now in plan for Network Health Services
"Brewster Village is a wonderful place to recuperate. Very knowledgeable staff. Thanks to everyone for the excellent care and pleasant surroundings." - Shirley S.
"Outstanding from all workers". - Tom G.
"The staff was always interested in what I was saying and my needs. Always kind and eager to help." - John H.
"The staff was very caring and took excellent care of my brother during his rehab - excellent place to be!."- Rose S.
"Was very much satisfied with all aspects of care in my full hip replacement rehab exp.". Colleen F.
"Being there twice since 10/2010, I found that is a wonderful place for recovery." - Edna W.
"I can't say enough about Brewster Village. My three weeks there was wonderful and the therapy was so good that I am now walking outside with/hiking stick!" - Rosemary H.